What happens for your child with disabilities after high school is over? Cincinnati Public Schools is offering T.O.O.L. Talks as one way to help.
T.O.O.L. Talks — Transition Opportunities and Options for Life — offer information to provide support as children move into adulthood. The events are coordinated by CPS' Department of Student Services.
T.O.O.L. Talks are held from 6-7 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month from September 2021 to May 2022, on Google Meet.
Topics will be offered of interest for parents and guardians, and for young adults.
Transition Opportunities and Options for Life (T.O.O.L.) Talks 2021-22
- September 2, 2021: Post-Secondary Transition: How the IEP supports your child's goals after high school
- October 7, 2021: Charting the Life Course: Organizing a Plan Now for Life After High School
- November 4, 2021: Hamilton County Agencies That Can Provide Services for Your Child with a Disability (DDS, OOD and Easterseals)
- December 2, 2021: Navigating Social Security Benefits for Your Child with a Disability
- January 6, 2022: How to Prepare Your Child to Live Independently
- February 3, 2022: Investigating Employment and Work Readiness
- March 3, 2022: Supported Decision Making: Is Guardianship Needed for My Child?
- April 7, 2022: What to Do this Summer? Recreation, Work and Respite Opportunities for my Child
- May 2022: Second Annual Parent University. More Information To Come.
Join T.O.O.L. Talks with your browser or by phone at (475) 522-0309 (PIN: 457 652 733#).